Welcome to Mr Moorings.
NSW Maritime details about Private moorings are available here.
- A mooring licence is required and renewed annually.
- A Private Mooring Licence cannot be sublet or traded in any way.
- Private Mooring Licences are only issued to individuals.
- Mooring marker buoys must be yellow in colour and clearly display at all times.
- To help ensure your mooring is installed correctly, NSW Maritime recommends you engage an experienced mooring contractor and use only quality materials. The mooring must be serviced as a minimum, once a year, to maintain it in good order and condition.
NSW Maritime details about Commercial moorings are available here.
- There are two types of Commercial Mooring Licences:
- Commercial - available to legitimate marine type businesses, or
- Club– available to a registered club or association (usually a boating or sailing club).
- Moorings can generally be identified by a red or orange buoy.
- The mooring must be serviced as a minimum, once a year.
- Insurance Companies may not cover damages as a result of mooring failure, when the mooring has not been serviced.